In case of applying by mail, a Prepaid Return Envelope (only Xpresspost is accepted) should be included to return the documents. After the visa process allow up to 2~3 working days to put in the mail. It is strongly advised to pick up in person if you have impending travel schedules.
Applying for a Visa
Visa Office Hours Effective
- Application submissions: 9:00 ~ 12:00 (Monday~Friday)
- Pick-up : 9:00 ~ 16:30 (Monday~Friday)
- Consulate Jurisdictions and Contact Information
- The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto accepts applications only from residents of Ontario and Manitoba.
- Processing Time
- The visa processing time is 5~10 working days for most visas not including mailing time. The visa process can be delayed due to various reasons. We do not provide any express service.
- Applicants are advised not to purchase their tickets until their visas are approved.
- Processing time may change depending on the volume of applications received and are not garanteed.
- Payment and Envelope
- Cash or money orders are accepted for applications sent by mail (no personal cheques), but cash, money orders and debit card are both accepted for applications made in person. Money orders should be made out to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea.
- When applying by mail, a self-addressed return envelope with prepaid postage is required. The return envelope must be Xpresspost from Canada Post. (Envelopes from other couriers such as DHL, Fedex, Purolator, and UPS will not be accepted.)
- Third-country Visa Issuance Limitation
- Visas will not be issued by a Korean consulate or embassy in a country other than the one where the applicant holds citizenship (except for long-term visa holders in a third country). Applicants who are presently on tourist visas or through visa waiver programs are strongly advised to apply for their new visas in the country of their permanent residence.
- Visa Application Form
- Download Visa Application Form from top right corner of 'Visa Guideline'.
- Only one type of form is used for all visa types. Only completed forms will be accepted.
- How to Complete Your Application
- Please make sure to complete all sections. Your application will be assessed based on the documentation submitted. Failure to provide complete, truthful and accurate information may result in your application being refused.
- Important Information for Completing the Visa Application Form
Read all the instructions carefully before you begin to complete the application forms.
Fill in the forms carefully and completely. Please use a typewriter or print clearly in
black or blue ink.
- If there is not enough space to complete any of the sections, please attach an additional sheet. *Write “N/A” if a section is not applicable. Do not leave blanks.
- For applicants with a visa issuance number, print the number on the top right of the application.
- For E-1 and E-2 visa applicants, provide the full names and complete addresses of post-secondary schools attended. Only graduates of accredited schools are eligible to apply for these types of visas.
- Please note that unsigned visa applications will not be accepted.
- Instruction for completing visa application
||Print all names as they appear on the passport. Do not use initials.
||Name in Chinese character. (If applicable)
||If the applicant has more than one nationality, print them all.
||Provide a current mailing address in Canada, including city, province, and postal code.
||Print home phone number, mobile number, and an email address.(If available)
||Korean national ID number.(If applicalbe)
||Provide the passport number.
||If the applicant does not have a diplomatic (DP) or an official passport(OP), circle “OR” for ordinary passport.
||Provide passport information in detail. Please print dates in the form Year/Month/Date. Also, please note that the applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
Print the applicant’s current occupation in Canada.
||If these sections are not applicable, write "N/A."
||Brief explanation about your trip
||Write down all previous visits. Please include details
||Provide the place where the applicant plans to stay in Korea. For working visa applicants, print the recruiter’s contact number plus mailing address, e-mail address, and website (if available).
||Provide information about your family member who will be accompanying you on your trip. (If applicable)
||Provide the name of a guarantor or reference person in Korea. For working visa applicants, print the prospective employer’s contact number plus mailing address, e-mail address, and website (if available).
- Photo Specifications
- A 3.5 x 4.5 cm passport-type colour photo is required for all visa applications. The photo must have been taken in the last 6 months and should have a white background. Photos which are printed out or which do not meet these specifications will not be accepted.
- Additional Documents
- The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea reserves the right to request additional documents if deemed necessary.
- Validity of Visa
- In most cases, visas are valid for 3 months. A visa application can be submitted no earlier than 3 months prior to the planned trip.
- Visa Denial
- Please note the visa processing fee will not be refunded and all other submitted documents will not be returned regardless of the final decision once the Korean Consulate has started processing the application
- US Applicants
- Please note that the visa fee for US citizens is $45.00(CAD), regardless of the visa type.
* Please note: Visa regulations are subject to change without notice.